[Dailydrool] The fine art of balancing low residue food and constipation

Val Brewer vlbzwick at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 27 20:12:56 PST 2010

I read with interest the comments on low residue food leading to constipation.
Here at our house we have perfected the balancing act of poop control. Bo, who
suffers ulcerative colitis, was on low residue food and now I/D to help the
colitis, plus Metronidazole and Budesonide on a daily basis. To keep his stools
soft however, we mix two tablespoons of pureed boiled skinless chicken breasts
poached in water with every meal and mom monitors poops on a daily basis. If
there is any straining or hardness, per dr.'s orders, she gives Bo a stool
softener in the next meal. I am proud to say that Bo has been quite well for
almost an entire year now, after having almost died last January. Semper fido,
CIC Bo!!! And kudos to Bo's vet, Dr. Head.