[Dailydrool] Chips

Beverly Szaton bgszap2 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 4 05:35:44 PDT 2010

Hooray! Someone actually registered the chip after having it done! Having
been in charge of checking for chips and other identification on the strays
brought in where I worked, I cannot tell you how  many people fail to do
this.
PLEASE
Chip your Basset and REGISTER the chip number.
The voice of experience. Nothing is as depressing as putting a dog down
because the chip comes back to-----nothing.

MomPerson to Nigel, Llewis, Conley and Cooper, all chipped, all registered.

PS. A couple of times a yr when you have your Basset at the Vet, have the
chip read, make sure it is still where you put it and that the transponder
picks up the number. I have had them slip, I think because Bassets have such
loose skin. Zelda's ended up on her chest, where no one would ever look. I
had her re-chipped.