[Dailydrool] Catching UP

Janet Heald basset_hound_home at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 23 13:55:42 PST 2010

Haven't read the Drool for awhile and had a few minutes today to try and get through some of the digests.  So sorry to hear of all the losses and illnesses that are being mentioned.  Many hugs!

Our basset home is going strong.  Jolie has found the best spot during the cold months...the sun spot in the kitchen.  She will push the pillow over to it and dare Ellsworth to take it away.  He doesn't.  Hard to believe we've had them for a year now!  Ellsworth still continues to be Mr. Destructo at any given moment, but mostly he's given that up so we don't have to be as proactive in that regard.  Jolie lives for night time when she can come cuddle up with us on our bed for a time before heading to her own bed for the night.

We have had some issues with both and have done rounds of antibiotics for them.  Jolie developed a kennel cough somehow and was beginning to show signs of pneumonia.  Took two rounds of meds to get her through it all.  Ellsworth had a sore front pad that required meds.  That one was done and a few weeks later he had another one.  Never did figure out what he had gotten into to cause the sores.

Janet & the houndies