[Dailydrool] Violeta

Menzie Campbell menziecampbell at gmail.com
Sun Oct 10 14:31:35 PDT 2010

===================

To Pw. Violeta's momperson:
First, the hounds are slinging drool to you that your broken leg will
heal wuickly!

Second, PLEASE tell your husband to stop being so sad.  Many, many
folks on here have hounds who are blind, and they have almost all
adjusted VERY well.  Did you read the story on the Drool a few days
ago, about the folks who moved to Vegas with 9 dogs, two of whom were
blind?  Those dogs are doing fine, even after being mvoed.  Violeta
won't grieve for the loss of her sight; after a period of adjusting
and figuring out how to use her nose and ears to get around, she'll
just go on being a happy girl.  Humans grieve for "what might have
been"; dogs live in the present.  She will only be upset and sad if
YOU TWO are upset and sad; so knock it off, already!  (smile)

Our PW. Annabelle was blind for most of her life.  Like Violeta, she
lost sight in her remaining eye only a couple of months after the
first eye. And she adjusted very, very well.  We moved twice in her
life, and both times, she learned the new house and yard within 48
hours. And she remained the total alpha b***h her whole life, believe
you me!  The "Living with Blind Dogs" book is great; it was invaluable
to us.  Also great is the online support group for owners of
blinddogs.  You can join it at
http://pets.groups.yahoo.com/group/blinddogs/

--
Menzie Campbell