[Dailydrool] Hotcakes for the Hounds...

njmedic702 at aol.com njmedic702 at aol.com
Sun Oct 10 14:54:39 PDT 2010

 This morning after walking the houndage, Craig and I hopped in the car and headed to Mid-Atlantic Basset Hound Rescue's Hotcakes for Hounds fundraiser in Easton, PA. I knew Applebees particpated in Dining for Dollars events where one's group could sign up to eat on a particular day and a percentage of the profits from the meal would be donated to their charity, but didn't know they also did breakfast!  What a great idea! We had yummy pancakes and sausage, coffee and OJ (with seconds if we wanted them) for only $8.00!  It was a wonderful bargain and it was good to see some Basset folks we haven't seen for a bit, including Lois Lema, author of Tater Takes a Trip, featuring her very own Buster Brown hound.  If you haven't yet purchased a copy, it's a MUST BUY item featuring lots of Tater (Buster's) friends and rescue hounds in picture story form.  The infamous Buster was there to pawtograph the books - however, since we arrived late he was warming up in the BUV.   If a rescue near you is having an event, DO make the effort to attend.  The homeless houndies - and rescue volunteers - will thank you!