[Dailydrool] food change

LaRock Hounds twobassetsonedoxie at gmail.com
Mon Oct 11 14:15:41 PDT 2010

We are going to be starting a food change for 4 out of our 5 hounds today.
The reason that the 5th one is not starting is there is absolutely no reason
she needs to lose even a pound. She has a defined waist, ribs very easily
felt and back ones seen and has lost weight over the past year. Once all the
other 4 have lost the appropriate amount of weight then Mazzie will be
switched over to the regular brand with them. I am switching the other 4
hounds over to Chicken Soup for the Dog Lovers Soul Adult Light Formula from
Iams. I realize Iams is not the best food out there or even close, but my
thought process was with 5 dogs we can't afford better. Boy, was I wrong.
For the light version of Chicken Soup, I can get it for $33.99 for 35 lbs
compared to 40 lbs for $36.99 for Iams. I found the Chicken Soup that cheap
at Country Max. So it was .92 for Iams per pound and .97 per pound for the
Chicken Soup. Once we switch over to the regular formula of Chicken Soup, it
is $32.99 for 35 lbs and it becomes .94 cents per pound which is only 2
cents per pound more than what we were paying for Iams. Better quality of
food. So, just demonstrating that it is not much more expensive and to admit
I was definitely wrong. Thank you to Beth for the recommendation of food for
my hefty hounds. Cooper could stand to lose 2 or 3 lbs, Oliver about 4,
Harvey about 6 or 7 (they are the doxies) and Maggie not sure, but she could
tend to trim up and feel her ribs without the fat barrier as much and the
hanging belly drop. I do believe Maggie is around 52 lb basset. Mazzie is 48
and very tall and very long. Harvey has the most against him because he is
very, very short in length and height. Got to start the transition. Harvey
is already on chicken and rice from yesterday so going to keep him on that
and just add small amounts of new kibble as I wean off the regular chicken
and rice.

Leaving Petsmart yesterday--no warning noise--"BARF"--Harvey covers the
seat, the shifter and my son and my elbow in dog vomit. Not just regular dog
vomit--liquid dog poop vomit! The worse smell ever. My son is saying he's
going to vomit. Then saying he is going to pass out. It was bad. Good thing
I had disposable chucks pads from my old job in the trunk. Nasty. Something
I never want to live through again. Nature's Miracle to the rescue when we
got home. Another good use for a business card not going to be used--turn it
and use the corners to clean dog poo vomit out of the shifter.

--
DRool to all in need,
Dee,