[Dailydrool] Mazzie (Again)

LaRock Hounds twobassetsonedoxie at gmail.com
Wed Oct 20 13:02:30 PDT 2010

Well, first off, I was going through vet records I keep at home and realized
that Mazzie just turned 7 in August, not 8 as we thought. That is just an
estimate from the Humane Society. She has been with us 5 years.  Mazzie
continues to wear diapers to bed for urination issues. Twice now, she has
had a bowel movement in the diaper. She does not have bowel accidents during
the day, even if we are gone, but we do crate her. I don't know whether to
think that it is something she is doing that she can control or can't.  She
is the one with the fusion L1 and down, non-surgery eligible and is on
Prozac for trying to bite and urination. Tried the DES, Proin and herbal in
the past. Did the whole bladder work up in January of this year, sent away a
sample to Cornell to test for cancer from bladder wall sluff off. Negative.
Checked for stones.  I think she has gotten worse now. I believe, but can't
be certain, that she is leaking urine during the day. I have seen her jump
up on the fireplace thing and urine leak out of her (a whole lot), I have
seen her do a circle on the dog bed at night and urine come out of her, and
I have noticed that she is licking the carpet occasionally which she does to
lick up urine. If one of the boys gets excited and "sprays" she starts
licking up the urine before we can even get out the nature's miracle. I saw
her licking the carpet today and I think that she had leaked urine. The
kicker is her diaper is dry in the morning. The vet and I deemed that it
must be behavioral at night for her to go all night wearing a diaper and
stay dry, but take off her diaper for the night and she will urinate on the
carpet or the dog bed. I'm just so confused. Why both, but not leak at
night? Is her fusion getting worse because of the out right leaking and then
the 2 bowel movements in the diaper? I really dont' know what to do. She is
on Prozac and sleeps harder then she used to which includes snoring.

Hope everyone else is well and condolences to everyone that had a love one
pass on to the bridge & drool to everyone that needs it.

--
DRool to all in need,
Dee,