[Dailydrool] Thanks for all the info - blue powder ear treatment....

Vanis, Nancy Nancy.Vanis at McKesson.com
Thu Oct 21 10:53:40 PDT 2010

Thanks to all for the info on the blue powder ear treatment.
I got several replies back on the use of the witch hazel as an
alternative to the alcohol.
The dog in question came in with a very sore ear - vet was ok trying the
blue powder but suggested the witch hazel option temporarily then
switching over to the alcohol version once the ear is a little less
sensitive.  Still an effective astringent but not painful to the hound
and will get him to the point where we can get him on a routine cleaning
schedule with the regular 'blue stuff' within a day or two
I personally have used the alcohol version for a couple of years and
really like it, but it is nice to know there is an alternative for a dog
that has really uncomfortable ears.
PS - I sold my vet on the blue powder ear treatment several years ago
when he saw how well it worked on my Bassets.  He now recommends it to
other owners :-)

Thanks again.
Nancy