[Dailydrool] Pooh Eating

Linda Gardner hockeyphans at verizon.net
Thu Oct 21 16:58:54 PDT 2010

Unfortunately, eating pooh is more common than most people think.  Two
of my bassets were addicted to the stuff.  Jake would wait until our
bagel Snoopy would go out to do his business and then catch the pooh
as it was coming out (talk about gross!).  Nothing I did could break
him of the habit.  And he, too, would overdose on occasion and it
would come up.  It certainly is the grossest thing I have ever
encountered.  Makes plain puke pale in comparison.  A couple of dogs
after we lost Jake, we got Bubba.  Bubba was almost as bad as Jake.
I've tried DisTaste from Foster and Smith on both of them, but it
didn't work, and it was very expensive.  You have to give it to all
your dogs and it's pricey.  Elwood ate pooh for a while, and he was
the only one who was "cured" by DisTaste.  I'm not sure why.  Bubba is
gone, and now we have Barney.  I think Barney has tasted it a couple
of times, but hopefully he won't get hooked like Jake and Bubba.
We'll see - we've only had him a few months.  The only thing we could
do was try to stay on top of the pooh in the yard.  Not easy when the
temperature is 10 degrees out.

Linda, Serving Wench to the lovely Lucy (I was the calendar girl in
the bathtub yesterday!) and Barney (I'm a real Gardner dog now - not a
foster!)