[Dailydrool] Lungworm

Sally King sallyemking at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Oct 22 08:04:49 PDT 2010

Does anyone have any experience with lungworm?

This is a 'new' problem in the UK. Just the past couple of years there has been loads in the news about  it and, of course, vets want to sell us extra products to guard against it.

Apparently it comes from a parasite that can be passed through slugs and snails - including their trails.

Neither of my dogs have them, but I just wondered if anyone knew abything about them and also, whether they are kept under control by using DE?

Sally, with Rolph and Clara, UK