[Dailydrool] From Puppy Mill to Puppy Bowl

Suzanne Fitch adopt4paws at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 25 08:40:14 PDT 2010

Mid-Atlantic Basset Hound Rescue recently took in four puppies from a puppy miller in Missouri who is "cutting down his production". The person who picked up the puppies and two other female bassets said she had to chase down the puppies because they had no proper socialization at the property.

Transported out and lovingly cared for by Michelle Chalmers-Morris, we received an e-mail from Petfinder looking for puppies for the Puppy Bowl. I submitted the photos and information, and was surprised to hear back the next day. Could we bring the puppies into Manhattan on October 15th for the filming?

Michelle met up with Karen Wells, one of our NYC volunteers, to help with wrangling the puppies. They enjoyed a snooze on the leather couches in the "green room" while waiting for their turn "on the field".

So, keep a lookout on Super Bowl Sunday for the bassets in the Puppy Bowl! You'll see Rudy, Truman, Rosie and Suzie prancing onto the field and truly "having a ball".

All four puppies, by the way, are now in their adoptive homes. HURRAH!
Suzanne Fitch
Mid-Atlantic Basset Hound Rescue