[Dailydrool] Bunnie... and squirrels

Menzie Campbell menziecampbell at gmail.com
Sat Oct 30 13:17:05 PDT 2010

--------------------

Wendie and Pat - so sorry to hear about Bunnie.  She had a good life
with you, though, never doubt.

Squirrels:  we moved out to the country this year.  Our 3 acres is
heavily wooded, and we have two giant old red oaks that produced tons
(possibly literally, tons) of acorns this year.  So we have lots of
deer - which Ollie (the foster, damnit) and Barney delight in barking
at - and the fattest, healthiest squirrels I have ever seen in my
life.  They are red squirrels here, and I swear I've seen one or two
the size of cats.

They say you can tell the health of a squirrel by its tail.  No idea
if that's true, but the squirrels here have tails longer than their
bodies; bright red, thick and bushy.  They run up and down trees, and
jump, like Michelle described, from tree to tree like something out of
a Tarzan movie.  They are astonishing to watch.  I am guessing that
next spring, we will see lots and lots and lots of baby squirrels.
The dogs are just hoping they'll be dumb enough to come inside the
fence.

--
Menzie Campbell
Save a Life - Don't Shop, ADOPT!