[Dailydrool] remembering Nellie

Jaime Brigance brigancehappy at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 31 01:43:13 PDT 2010

Dear Droolers;

Greetings from the Oregon Coast.

I was driving in Portland yesterday, and suddenly I saw this beautiful basset girl just
hopping along on a walk, and she could have been my Nellie's twin.  It has been the
first time I've saw a houndie that even resembled my Nellie since her departure to the
Bridge Feb. 15th 2009.

My sense of time seemed to be interupted, because its felt just like yesterday.  I was overwhelmed with sadness, and had to pull over and calm down.  All of those  memories came crashing back with such an immediate force with them.

When I got home and Geoffrey Biscuit greeted me at the door, I loved on him
for a half hour!  Just stroking his fur and rubbing his belly, telling him how much I
loved him.  Its like we only get so much time to love these guys, it reminded me of
just how short that time feels.  He seemed to sense something was on my mind, he kept giving me that look "its ok mom, why are you crying I'm right here," which made me more emotional.

And how much more I appreciate Biscuit and his crazy ways.  Seeing the pure joy he has when chasing seagulls on the beach, that loud deep bark as he jumps around.  He chases the orange kitty just so he can lick him all over, puts his head out the front window so my neighbor can give him a treat, that special way he walks like he knows just what he is doing..... its all so precious.  My elderly neighbor has developed a love of him and calls him the "which way did he go?" doggie, because he says that is what Biscuit's face looks like as he shakes it back and forth, it makes the word cute seem useless.

Sending drool to those in need, and special love to those houndies and their slaves who are having health issues.

love, Jaime and Jessica
Seaside, Oregon
Geoffrey Biscuit "which way did he go?"
Gracie, white kitty and Kermie the orange kitty
Nellie, Ruby, Quigley ATB
  missed, loved and cherished each day