[Dailydrool] Thanks to all my droolers and another question on blindness.

Virginia Oliveira duda.tuppence at shaw.ca
Sun Oct 31 06:34:46 PDT 2010

Hi Linda Dianis, Hi Momperson, Hi Synthia, Hi all my droolers furends.
First, may all our  antecesors who have long gone to the bridge protect us and our babies on this day. I believe they keep on looking onto us, like I always feel that my gramma is. She was a strong lady.

Things have going ok around here. We all adapting to Violeta's "almost" blindness, or so it seems. The Doc said she reacts to light what gives us hope she still can see a little.Violeta is still getting used to her blindness. Sometimes we think she can see, some others we see she can't.
Sometimes she knows her way around everywhere, never hitting a thing but sometimes, usually in the afternoon when she wakes up from her nap she seems SO LOST, I mean, REALLY LOST. We call her and she goes on the other way, does flat basset, in summary, has a strange behaviour for about 15 minutes and then becomes herself again

Anyone has ever had this kind of experience before? Is it possible that when she wakes up she "forgot" how to deal with blindness or even that she is blind?
He dadperson asked me to ask you, concerning Ottis, how long did it take after the shunt surgery, for him to start seeing better. Like you explained, the shunt allows the optic nerve to heal after the pressure goes down.
Dadperson is a really nice dad and is worried if Violeta's vision is ever coming back, at least a little. Dr Christmas said she reacts to light so something is defenitly there.
I'l be waiting for your answers, based in your experiences, so dadperson can be more aware on what to expect. He is a super dad, nobody can deny it.
Xaxa and Vio are both happy and this is what really matters. Tails going helicopter style.
Hope all is well around there. We are sending lots of drool to those who need it.
Now momma go to work.
We really lub you guys.
Virginia, Xaxa, Violeta and ob course, Dadpweson