[Dailydrool] dogs in cars

sfwill at aol.com sfwill at aol.com
Tue Oct 5 04:39:32 PDT 2010

i had the most disturbing experience yesterday.  i was outside my office, which is on a very busy street.  out of nowhere, there was a small dog, one of those cute, scottie-types, zooming down the middle of the street.  cars were honking but not stopping.  i ran to the curb and watched him fly down the hill between cars.  i called out to him, but he kept zooming.  at the light, he ran between cars, and jumped up to the window of one of them.  just then, that door opened and he jumped in.
evidently, he had "escaped" out a window, the driver oblivious.  when i told my co-workers about it, one suggested maybe he had just been dognapped.  i disagreed.  he was on a mission down that hill.
to make this basset-related, i never, ever open a window all the way down.  gus doesn't tend to stick his head out anyway, but still, would never take a chance.  i'm sure none of you would either.
but the memory of that poor little thing dodging speeding cars has haunted me since yesterday.
we send drool to all in need and wish everyone a good mid-week.
susan, loving slave to gus
gus-why would i want to jump out of the BUV?  and leave my big, comfy pillow?  nope, not me.