[Dailydrool] Rainy day hounds & pumpkin

Swartz foxybear at cox.net
Wed Oct 6 09:13:38 PDT 2010

Pad healing drool to Tessie and stroke recovery drool to Granny.

Congratulations Prince Gus!

Congratulations to Flash and Wilma for finding your forever home.  We
are sorry to hear that your previous parents had to let you go but we
know that you will find all the love and caring that two hounds deserve
with your new parents.

If I am home and not at work or out gallivanting on rainy days Ruger is
a pain in the butt.  Sitting on the couch in "his" spot looking out the
big picture window into the backyard watching it rain. Then he jumps up
deciding that he wants out, goes to the door and stands until I come to
open the door. Usually he runs to the door as if he has spotted a
squirrel so Colt follows. If I don't get up to open the door then it is
Colt barking to be let out.  So I get up to open the door for them and
they step out onto the covered patio and stop, look around and have this
"darn it, it's raining" look on their faces, then turn to me like "okay
mom, turn off the sprinklers so we can go out" Once they realize I can't
turn off the rain they come back in the house.  This scenario will
repeat several times until Ruger final decides to take a nap. Once he
has a nice little nap he will start the process all over again if it is
still raining.
Also I went to Wal-Mart and got my Basset Happy Halloweenie shirt, it is
sooo cute.

I found pumpkin at SAM's club last weekend, 3 large cans (29oz I think)
for $6.95 so I bought a 3 pack. I am now putting a tablespoon on top of
their food and they love it.  My question is...are most of you using the
pumpkin as added fiber to the hounds diet or what?  I am sure this was
explained somewhere in the past but my feeble little brain is not
recalling the information. Thanks.

I hope that everyone is having a wonderful week.
Michele Momma to the Bad A** Basset Brothers
Colt "more pumpkin please"
Ruger "I second that motion"