[Dailydrool] Rainy day hounds

Karen sparks_red at att.net
Wed Oct 6 11:27:24 PDT 2010

I am looking forward to the rain again this year.  I know for all of you that
are getting flooded that sounds just horrid.   I can just hear you "Go Git Her
Houndies"!  To get rain in N. CA in the summer means someone's sprinkler
has gone haywire.  I miss those Midwest summer rains of my youth.

But winters coming.....and with that means the the washable pee pee pads go
back down.  One large one in the kitchen for Nelly Belle who hates to get wet
and stick her snooter out the dog door to listen for rain on the covered porch roof.
Abby Gale and Sadee Mayee will venture out as far as the porch were the other
large pad will be because they don't want to get there fur wet.    Bazzle will trot out
the door, just outside the door, under the protection of the two trees and go right
on the tree then hustle right back in.   All will then vie for the much coveted spot,
closest perch next to the wood stove.  If it is not roaring hot, Nelly Belle will make
it know that Momma is slacking as a slave.

So even though I will be joining Debbie riding the mop and thanking doG for the
KOE this winter, I will not miss the heat of summer.

Droolz,
Karen and The Dog House Gang