[Dailydrool] It's a small houndie world and other stuff

njmedic702 at aol.com njmedic702 at aol.com
Thu Oct 7 12:28:51 PDT 2010

 Since downsizing last summer I've been slowly by surely making my way through boxes of "stuff" which was stored in our basement.  A lot of it is Christmas or other seasonal things, luggage and a few pieces of furniture our oldest daughter has no room for in the tiny storage area of her apartment complex.  Other boxes were filled with things that actually BELONGED somewhere in the house once unpacked.  Anyroo, as I have been unpacking I've found things which were perfectly good but we no longer had use or space for, so I set them aside for listing on Freecycle.  If you haven't heard of Freecycle, it is an organization which has groups all over the US which believe that little, if anything should ever just be "thrown away."  So, one subscribes to a local group, posts what you have to offer - or what you may be looking for - in an email and whoever is interested comes to pick up your stuff after you agree to give it to them and provide directions.

To make this Basset related, I had a brand-new shower chair - a nifty device for an elderly or disabled or incapacitated person would use to sit upon while in a shower or a tub/shower combo.  One set of legs sits inside the tub and the other end rests outside on the floor.  One would sit on it and slide into the tub/shower area and then be able to bathe using a hand-held shower head.  I got a response from a very nice lady who worked not far from where we live. Turns out the chair was a bit too big for her dad to use but we struck up an email conversation after she mentioned the "beautiful dogs" she saw through the side lights of our front door when she came to pick it up.  She said she owned a Basset/Beagle mix and sent me a photo.  Not sure who told her Seamus was a Bagel but he looked 100% Basset to me with huge, long ears and wrinkles from head to toe - a beautiful boy.  I told her about the Drool and hope that she decides to join us here.  Jean, if you are reading this, welcome!

Heart healing drool to those whose houndies have traveled to the Bridge.

Happy Birthday to the newly crowned Prince Gus!  You have done an excellent job slave training.

Sally - I loved Rolph and Clara's calendar pic from yesterday.  Rolph looks SO very innocent...

And, Miss Chloe Grace, today's Calendar Girl...what a sweet face you have!

Conley - We're very proud that you have learned to keep your head AND tail up in the ring!  Good job!  Even if you didn't win anything I know your Momperson was very, very proud of you!

Brudder Elwood - Obviously, the magazine saleshopper had NO clue who or what she was dealing with, stamping her foot at your momma.  I'm guessing Brudder Jake advised her, LOLOL.  What a great visual I got from your story.  Hope momma is soon feeling lots better from her brocciolitis.  I've had it and it is NOT fun...You keep on "hepping" her.

Drool to all who need it...and paws together in thanks to those who have given a lucky hound or houndette a forever home recently.  Such a blessing for both.

Sandi, Mamaslave to the NJ4
Daisy, Delilah, Dozer and Dudley