[Dailydrool] Freecycle

Karen sparks_red at att.net
Thu Oct 7 13:22:19 PDT 2010

I have to agree with Sandi on the Freecycle advice she gave.  I love it!
I have scored a lot of things for the gang and fosters from almost new
beds/supplies, to wood to keep their stove going , some cool material to make
clothes for us and even recycled some things I no longer needed.

Of course I should warn everyone that I sometimes sob horribly when people
recycle their pets.  On the other hand I did find the most wonderful Furever Home
for Hunter, a abandon kitten my neighbor rescued, by wonderful family who was looking on Freecycle.  Hunter not only found a great family but I made a new friend.
Hunter is the love of their life, spoiled rotten and the King of the Castle.  (I should say
that I did not advertise him on Freecycle.)

The main site is freecycle dot org  then you sign up for the area nearest you.  They
also have offshoots of the site called cheapcycle and some even have borrower cafes.
In this economy every little bit helps.

We send drool to all in need.
Karen and The Dog House Gang