[Dailydrool] Follow-up on Bo and the avocado green poop

Val Brewer vlbzwick at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 7 13:09:25 PDT 2010

Thank you to all who wrote me about "green poop". (I agree with Beth--it sounds
like the beginning of a Dr. Seuss book). Among the diagnostic causes for such a
thing were mostly benign things: ate something with green food coloring in it
like certain dog biscuits or greenies, ate something with a lot of fat on it,
something passed through the digestive system without being digested, and some
less benign things: poisoning, inflammatory bowel disease. (Bo does have IBD). I
called my vet, who advised me that if Bo otherwise looked fine, to check the
color of the next poop and call him if it was bright green too. It wasn't. The
conclusion was "it must have been something he ate when you weren't looking'.
Ah, bassets.