[Dailydrool] discarded pets

sfwill at aol.com sfwill at aol.com
Thu Oct 7 15:06:06 PDT 2010

my friend is a social worker and week after week, she would see the same black cat around a patient's apartment.  she lives in a "project apartment complex" so hundreds of neighbors are there, but no one would claim the cat.  so finally, her husband and 2 children went to pick up the cat and bring him home.  she told me that she knew he had been a domestic cat, because of his behavior.  who would leave this beautiful cat out in the cold new england weather, she asked me.
she brought him to the vet today.  he was diagnosed with FIV and feline leukemia.  so there's the answer of why he was abandoned.
talk about wanting to "go marlene"!
thank doG, they will care for "panther" until he crosses to the bridge, 2 children who love animals and 2 parents who are in a position to get him any treatment he needs.
is there any wonder why she says he responds so well to them?  panther knows he was saved from a cold, lonely winter by some angels.  and they are saved by a little guy who "purrs all day."
to make this basset-related, gus is out in the yard for the first time in a week, no rain, but a fresh marrow bone being devoured for dessert.
and then it's time for cuddles.....
susan, loving slave to gus
gus-i don't know what i did to deserve this bone, but i'll take it!