[Dailydrool] Neighbors

Swartz foxybear at cox.net
Wed Oct 13 08:46:53 PDT 2010

Shannon I have to ask, is the neighbor maliciously giving the dogs food, trying to make them sick.  Or does he like the hounds and just can't resist giving them a treat.  I have one neighbor that walks the neighborhood and gives treats to all the dogs because she loves animals so much.  She doesn't think that some dogs might be allergic, have a sensitive tummy or be on a diet. I have asked her not to give mine any treats because I am trying to keep them trim to keep them healthy, and assure her that she is not being mean by not giving them a cookie.  I don't think that she gives them as many now but I think that she still sneaks over from time to time and gives them one.   I have the same problem with Auntie Val that is the boys doggie daycare wanting to give the the super large Milk Bones...those things are like giving a dog a Big Mac with a chocolate shake. I tell her that they get plenty of treats, and healthy ones at that and she is welcome to give them a small piece of jerky that is always in their treat pantry, but please no more Milk Bones.  Or give them a small Milk bone and just break it into 2 pieces. They don't care that it is a smaller cookie or even better a piece of jerkey...just that they are getting a treat.

Michele Momma to the over treated Bad A** Basset Brother
Colt "you Can't get to many treats"
Ruger "yes You can fat boy!, you are starting to waddle"