[Dailydrool] Cassiti

Beverly Szaton bgszap2 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 7 13:22:48 PDT 2010

I think your Vet is trying to save you some money.
She looks for the most likely causes first. Since the Cassiti has no worms
and since the diet and drugs are working, you will probably never know what
caused the poops. It is highly unlikely that it is salmonella, but if you
are concerned go ahead and have the culture run. It may be expensive, I
don't know, I have never been around when we ran one. But I have been gone
several years.

My understanding is that regardless of what you hear dogs are not prone to
getting salmonella, certainly not nearly as apt to get it as you are. Unless
she has been eating raw or roadkill or a recalled food (that was recalled
due to salmonella contamination) then you probably do not need to worry
about Cassiti having it nearly as much as you need to worry about it in *
your* eggs and chicken,  or e.coli in your salad greens.

Personally my guess is that most dog foods are safer than the grocery store.

MomPerson to Nigel, Llewis, Conley and Cooper