[Dailydrool] Drool and Advice Please

Brenda Waldrop dedanann1 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 7 13:24:08 PDT 2010

We got some very bad news from the biopsy of my dear Copper's ana-sac tumor,
it's adenocarcinoma (cancer).  He's 14 years old, but still full of life and
spunk, despite some very nasty abuse in his first 10 years of life.  He's my
sweet darling angel, my Sr. boy and heart-hound, and I'm devastated about
this diagnosis.  We have a consult with a surgeon tomorrow and if it has not
metastasized yet we plan to have it surgically removed.  While it's
virtually guaranteed that the cancer will come back, and probably be what
gets him in the end, successful surgery could give him 9-12 months more of
normal life before the cancer returns, and even then he may have some time
before it starts to affect his quality of life.

Right now the only affect it seems to be having on him is some slight
straining to defecate.  He hasn't lost weight, his appetite, or slowed down
much more than normal for him, which is slow to be sure but still fairly
active for 14.  Please fling us a little no-metastasizing drool, he deserves
to live the good life a little while longer to make up for all of those bad
years he had.  Also, if anyone has any suggestions or has dealt with this
before, I would appreciate the advice.  He's too old and fragile for chemo
or radiation which is hard enough on a healthy young body, so a successful
surgery looks like his only option at this point.

Thank you!  Drool from us to all the other hounds and slaves in need.

Brenda- momslave to Copper and Elphaba