[Dailydrool] Hurricane, Cantore & creepie crawlies

Swartz foxybear at cox.net
Wed Sep 1 09:45:01 PDT 2010

Colt & Ruger are doing a Bad A** Basset Dance to celebrate Violeta not
having to have surgery and Eva's return home from the hospital.  Eva we
hope that you find a perfect match and that you have a smooth surgery
and no rejection issues. Violeta, the boys are sending more low pressure
drool to keep the surgery away.

Debbie, If Jim Cantore is coming within 100 miles of you RUN!!! From
personal experience if Cantore comes to town then so will the hurricane,
those darn things follow him like he is the Pied Piper and they are
usually bad storms! Here in the FL Gulf Coast if Cantore comes within
100 miles of us then all of us pack up and head out of dodge. I board up
the house, pack up the hounds in the BUV and head for Indiana to stay
with my parents for a few days in a basset friendly environment.

Living here is Florida (should be called the mosquito & flea state) we
have to let the hounds live a better life through pharmaceuticals also.
I wish that I could find a "Green" alternative but that has just not
happened. I also have to spray the yard & house for bugs on a quarterly
basis. Plus the yard gets sprayed for weeds in order to give the hounds
a decent place to play without sand burs and other thorn ridden weeds.
Of course the hounds are kept in a safe place until the sprays have
dried and usually plus a day or so just to be safe. The hounds are also
on Conformis for flea prevention and Iverhart for heartworm prevention.
Every so often my vet will change flea or heartworm meds because in his
belief something better has come out or the fleas have built up a
tolerance to the previous prevention and it is not working as well.
Anyhow we all do what we can to help our hounds live a happy and healthy
life.  Sometimes there are necessary evils or Green Sins that we must
commit in order to give them the best life possible. If I could I would
keep them in a big bubble to keep them away from all the nasties of the
world...but that is just not practical.

Michele Momma to the Bad Ass Bassets
Ruger "I don't want to live in a bubble!"
Colt "Can Sadee Maye live with me in my bubble?"