[Dailydrool] This makes it all worthwhile!

J Marchlewski jan3luski at gmail.com
Thu Sep 2 07:49:01 PDT 2010

Deborah

Truer words have never been spoken.  People don't realize that when you see
a breakthrough to a foster - it's the best feeling in the world.
Priceless.  Be it Big Mac playing or a foster asking to cuddle - it makes it
all worthwhile.

Years ago we received a piece of advice about fostering... don't just think
of the current foster in your household.  Think about about that dog
currently sitting in a kill shelter hoping for spot with a rescue.  Then
think about another dog about to come into that same kill shelter not having
a place.  Randy made us think about how fostering one dog has an effect on
two additional dogs.

I can't think of one basset rescue that does not desperately needs foster
homes.  Honestly, I never thought we would be able to handle fostering but
we do.  We even feel guilty when we think about taking a little break from
fostering.

Jan
Lady, Grace & Wolfgang
GABR Foster - Thelma Lou