[Dailydrool] This makes it all worthwhile!

Dayna Dayna.Whitehead at comcast.net
Fri Sep 3 05:11:00 PDT 2010

I fostered from around 1999 through 2006. I stopped fostering because I
failed with not 1 but 2 bassets in a row. I already had 3 of my own and we
lived in a doublewide park with the restriction of 1 dog per home. It's
amazing how those things happen. I'm now fostering again and can relate to
that "aha" moment. My current foster is still in the puppy phase and may be
around 10 - 12 months old. This basset has had no training whatsoever and
may not have had any human interaction other than indifference either. While
we still have a long way to go on EVERYTHING, my "aha" moment came when she
asked me to go out just an hour or so before I read your post. That had been
one of the tough things to deal with for me because we just bought this
house and everything from the carpet, hardwood and slate flooring to the
granite counters and snack bar, paint and attic had been completely
redone/replaced. She also doesn't fall flat and roll over in submission now
every time we stand up. While there are still many concerns, there is real
progress and it makes me cry every time I think about what this little mite
has gone through. Please wish Lily the best as we go to the vet man Tuesday
to hopefully find NO puppies inside of the young little thing.

Dayna
mailto: Dayna.Whitehead at comcast.net

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way
its animals are treated." - Mahatma Gandhi