[Dailydrool] Peeiing and Mausers

DIERKER j.mdierker at sbcglobal.net
Mon Sep 6 19:36:52 PDT 2010

Hello everyone.My name is Dolly and I'm 8 years young.My mama posted about me a month ago.I had a date to go somewhere called The Bridge but my new mama said "no way, she's going home with me". She worked at the vetspital that I had been dropped off at to take my trip. Anyway,I  was going to this bridge because my old mama said I had urinary issues.Maybe she could have gotten away with that, but I hadn't been to a vet in three years.
I'm glad to see that people are starting to catch on to the "delicate female" issue.I do not feel it's my obligation to announce I need to use the little girl's room if there's some big old boy here that's more than willing to announce it to the world.The other three females here agree.We may pace,or twirl in circles,but we let Yogi sound the alarm. If he doesn't...well,that's what the doormat is for.I personally think the boy always wants to use the outdoor facilities because he's marked his spot,and he loves to pee on the bushes.Oh well,I decided since he goes out every few hours,I might as well go out and keep an eye on my new little brother so I make use of the facilities while I'm out there.I haven't had an accident in three weeks so my mama is very happy.
I'm very happy too.I sleep in a girl named Holly's room with a rat,and a guinea pig, and two hamsters, and 4 lizards, and a little bitty mouse named Cubert.He tickles my nose if I put it next to his cage.That Conley dog better be careful because I think if I put Cubert in my mouth I may not get a treat.I don't think you're supposed to be tasting them.
Mama here, and on a serious note, I still get sick thinking how close Dolly came to making a trip for what was apparently a behavioral issue that I hope is fixed now. I truly do think this breed is the definition of stubborn. I don't mean to offend anyone when I say that. Are there any special basset tricks that help with getting them to cooperate?My first basset,Baxter,would have a hissy fit anytime you tried to cut his nails.The ONLY thing that calmed him down would be if you covered his eyes with his ear.  Not a towel, or your hand, ONLY his ear.I've never met another dog that this worked for.Maybe somebody out there has one quirky little trick that might help a hound that is not cooperating with the outdoor facility routine.
Janet,Dolly,Yogi,Carlie Jane,Bunny, and Cubert M. Dierker,Esq.