[Dailydrool] Potty survey

Swartz foxybear at cox.net
Tue Sep 7 15:05:01 PDT 2010

Congratulations Buster on finding your forever home!
Over the years there have been 5 male bassets, and 1 female that have
lived with me in the house.  All of them were pretty much on routine
potty schedule. If they wanted to go out other than the scheduled times
they would wait patiently by the door, or whine, or give out a soft
woof. 3-5 second pause and woof again. This would go on until the door
opened and let them out, with each bark becoming louder and with a higher
sense of urgency to it.  But that was when I was occupied with something
else and not seeing their potty signs which was usually a restless,
pacing the house, when I saw this I would ask "Outside?" and if they
needed to go they headed for the door, if not they wanted attention.
Shadow (female)ATB, Wolfie ATB and now Colt will come to the big picture
window and whine when they are ready to come back into the house.  Ruger
and the rest of the hounds before him would just lay on the patio in
front of the sliding door and wait patiently for the door to open once
again to let them in.  So pretty much I haven't seen a difference in
male vs. female, I think that it is just how they decide is the best way
to communicate with their human slaves. I guess that some slaves only
need subtle communications for the hounds to get their wishes across to
them....but other hounds have slaves that are not as eager to please
their basset masters and need orders barked at them.  LOL.  But the one
difference that I did see in my hounds was that the females were more
demanding of me then the males.  All together I have had 5 Females, 5
males. My females would not be denied their wishes and they seemed to
have more demands of me then the boys did.

Here is an article that I came across about BROOD's Ramble last weekend.

http://www.herald-mail.com/?cmd=displaystory&story_id=252338&format=html

Drool to all the sick of injured hounds.
Michele, Momma to the Bad A** Basset Brothers
Colt "snooter kisses to my sweetest Honeydew melon"
Ruger "Death to the Squirrelistans and Ra-Taliban!"