[Dailydrool] [Daily drool] floor cleaners?

Dayna Dayna.Whitehead at comcast.net
Tue Sep 14 03:42:56 PDT 2010

I originally bought a Shark and tried it. I must have been doing something
wrong because I just couldn’t get it to clean right. I returned it and
bought a Scooba, the robotic bare floor cleaner. It didn’t work at all. I
then purchased a bare floor cleaner by Lysol/Conair and LOVED it. It came
with a bottle of citrus Lysol general purpose cleaner and I, personally,
LOVE the scent. I believe it’s $39.99 (I had a $10 coupon at the time I
purchased it) and can’t speak highly enough of it. I use the steamer on
hardwood floors, tile, cement and slate. We’re looking at putting ceramic by
the front door and will use it on that as well. The dogs come in muddy,
dirty, snowy, etc., and it takes care of all of that. There have also been
“accidents” on the floor (no.1 and no.2) that have dried and it’s taken care
of those without leaving any spot or residue. It takes about 8 minutes
(instructions say 3) to warm up and then it starts steaming away. A fill up
of water and ½ a cap of the cleaner takes care of my small kitchen, dining
room and bathroom. Another fill takes care of my basement. My favorite part
is the clean, fresh scent it fills my house with. The cleaning is not too
shabby, either. Actually, the floor was brand new when we moved in and looks
that way every time we use this. The downside is I haven’t seen replacement
pads for it on the market yet. It came with 2 and I use a washboard myself
to get the spots off them, but I’m just old-fashioned that way. I’m sure
Oxi-Clean would work just fine. My sister in law, who has no trouble
affording the Shark, etc., also purchased this for her floors. To get up all
the hair in those rooms, I purchased a Bissell pet hair broom. It’s a
regular broom and bristles that circle some rubber tipped bristles in the
middle. It works great, too.

Dayna
mailto: Dayna.Whitehead at comcast.net

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way
its animals are treated." - Mahatma Gandhi