[Dailydrool] Dog Beach and Thank you

Virts, Ann-Marie ann.virts at nist.gov
Mon Sep 20 15:25:19 PDT 2010

Droolers:

I am so overwhelmed with all the responses regarding Abby's passing. I really did not expect it.. being a lurking and not posting for some years. The thoughts and prayers are MUCH appreciated and needed.

I was working in San Diego this past weekend and got off a little early on Sunday so I had the bright idea to go to Del Mar Beach which is a unleashed dog beach.. I needed to be with dogs.. any dog. I needed to see them healthy and happy. There is nothing more comforting than seeing tons of dogs running and playing on the beach. All types little ones to Great Danes. I did not see a basset until I was walking back to my car and there she was a lemon and white and... cute as a button. I asked to pet her and bent down and kissed her head. I needed that. In a small way I think it was Abby saying it is ok Mom.

--Ann