[Dailydrool] Talking and stuff

julie h jules56pt at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 22 20:25:05 PDT 2010

We are still alive and kicking in Illinois.  We read every drool post, just haven't responded lately.  All of the girls are doing well.  The cats are insane and life is good in the animal kingdom.  We are sending hearthealing drool to the families of all the hounds and wannabes who have gone to the bridge.  There are way too many.  We hope that the good memories soon overtake the sad ones.  They are your angels now.

All of the girls talk to a certain extent.  Marley is the most verbose.  She holds entire conversations when we get home.  She wants to know where we've been and why we left.  It almost sounds like words coming out of her.  Then she scolds us for being gone so long.  She is the one who sings with the trumpet.  When the DH plays Amazing Grace it sounds like she is literally singing along.

Maggie is a jealous talker.  If one of us touches another hound in her sight she starts talking to us.  Sounds like she is telling us to please get with it and massage the worthiest houndette, her.  Shelby and NInja talk a lot to the dog behind us.  Ninja talks to all people and animals who have the audacity to walk on her sidewalk in front of her house.  She is not amused.  She also purrs when Nic gives her a massage.  She sounds like a big cat.  Our cats have tiny purrs and you have to feel their throats to know if they are happy.  They talk to us too.  They now go sit in the kitchen every morning by the dogs' water bowl and demand a bowl of milk.  When they get it they proceed to turn it over, put their paws in it and clean it off of their fur.  Strange little critters.

Shelby tells us loudly when she wants in and out.  The only problem is that it is one or the other every five minutes.  She is just like a Timex.  She keeps on ticking.  For a dog who was 13 when she came here after losing her slave and having to come stay with three rather self absorbed girls, she has been amazing.  In that time she has lost all of her sight and is at least partially deaf.  She forgets where she's been or where she wants to go at times.  But she never complains.  She is asleep on the donut under the cat table right now.  Just waiting for the boyslave to carry her royal person up to bed.  He gets half of the bed and she gets the other half.  When I go in in the mornings she has her head on the pillow just like she belongs there.  He carries her down to the back door in the morning so she can go out.  Shelby is and amazing girl.  She has been here for over a year and a half.  Don't know when her birthday is but she will be 15 by Christmas and may already be.  She is really something.  Not much to look at.  She is shaped like a footstool but that is ok with us.  We think she is absolutely fabulous.

Ninja is irritated with me because she wants to go to bed but won't go unless I do.  She is her mamma's girl.  Marley is already asleep under the bed.

Happy Fall from Ninja, Marley, Maggie, Shelby, and Picasso and Davinci the cats.  The boyslave to the cats is coming home from Australia next week.  He doesn't know it yet but he no longer has cats.  But I do.  They love it here and have so many adventures with the girls.