[Dailydrool] Jacquline and getting another dog.

Shirley snoozinhounds at earthlink.net
Fri Sep 24 08:59:55 PDT 2010

I think getting another dog depends on how you and your boyfriend feel about
it.    First of all you are never going to "replace" a hound that has made
his way to the bridge so don't think of getting a new dog as a replacement
It is not fair to you or to the new dog who in your mind will never live up
to the memory of the dog that passed.   If you want another dog get it.
Since I have been in rescue most  of my adult life I suggest rescue since
there are so many homeless hounds everywhere.  Why do  you think you can't
have an adult dog because your BF has a male terrier?  Anyway I think you
need to search your heart and see what feels right to you.

If you do decide to try rescue when you go to meet the dog take the BF's
terrier with you to meet on neutral ground.

Shirley Mueller

Mom to Sally Belle & Harrison.