[Dailydrool] Bel's birthday and KOE

Pam McQuade dpmcquade at verizon.net
Fri Sep 24 14:42:57 PDT 2010

I realized this afternoon that today is our Belvedere's birthday--what a bad
slave I am for not remembering first thing this morning! Bel has reached the
venerable age of 14. Though his vision isn't what it used to be, and he
suffers from arthritis, he still loves to follow his mama around as if he
couldn't live without her. He's fussier about eating his food, but leave him
his bowl for long enough and let his mama be at his side for protection, and
he makes his way through every bite.

I will be making the birthday boy his own, private cake recipe that will be
good for his tender tummy. He loves his mama's homemade birthday cakes but
will generously share it with the other hounds in the house. Tomorrow I may
also whip up some of his favorite fish treats.

We are glad to have had another year with my Belvie. May this next one be
wonderful for him, though he's getting up there in years. I don't know what
I'd do without my best boy.

I also have to ask about the KOE. Can it be used on hardwood floors? The
finish on ours has been pretty well destroyed by the various compounds we've
put on them to remove the pee smell, so we're not talking anything with a
good shine on it anymore. But I don't really want to destroy the wood
either.
Pam, food slave to the Dashing Bassets, especially Belvie the Birthday Boy