[Dailydrool] from a Jacquelynn to a Jacqueline

jacquelynn chazey aerogator27 at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 24 19:48:09 PDT 2010

Dear Jacqueline,
I am so sorry for the loss of your beloved pet.  I can tell you from experience how heartbreaking this is.  I will keep my long story short.  It was on the one month anniversary of Pierre's passing that applied for Jr. from OBR.  The distress of his illness was coupled with the distress of Mom's Dementia and Alzheimer's disease, living at home with me and 7 other hounds.  After he passed the house seemed wholly empty to me, despite all the other life distractions and work that was on going.  I had a conversation with another drooler who  has now become a cyber friend, and she thought at that time, she wanted to rescue a puppy.  I did on line searches, and low and behold, there was Thor @ OBR.  As it turned out she wasn't ready, but the very day after a month Pierre Sr. passed, I knew I was ready to fill my heart again.  No disrespect to my other loves here, but Pierre Sr. was exceptional in his slave training and neediness, and he was ill most of his short life.  I put in the application for Pierre Jr., and  5 days later, I made the long trip both ways to rescue him.  He is a beautiful hound with some naughty in him.  I am grateful for his naughty because he would not be mine otherwise.  We had our first obedience training today, and he did very well.  I rescued him when he was 9 months, and he was introduced to a large pack, and he does fantastically.  We rescued Nikki from BHRA when she was 5 months, and she adjusted great as well.  We rescued Max, who has a lot of issues, not so much now, at 9 months also.  The puppies are out there, some need more training than others, but all puppies need training.  America is beautiful, and if you need to take a long drive, do it.  You will feel it in your heart when you find the right one.
I wish you the very best.
woofs and Arooooooo
Jackie and the herd