[Dailydrool] getting caught up

Swartz foxybear at cox.net
Mon Sep 27 10:06:14 PDT 2010

Conley, Good luck at Nationals  Keep your tail up and bring home the
trophy. We all know that you will be the most handsome dog there.

Some slide on outta there drool for Rosie. The boyz hope that uh ummm
everything comes out okay, and surgery is not needed.

We are sorry to hear of Ron's passing. I am sure that he will be met at
the bridge by many hounds. My heart and prayers go out to his wife and
Toby Lance.

We are so sorry that Buddy made his journey to the bridge. May he live
forever in the magic of your memories.

Supplements: I put fish oil on the boys food, 2 1000mg capsules on
breakfast and supper. They also get Theracoat which is a Omega 3 & 6
supplement to help the skin and coat on a low fat organic vanilla yogurt
treat (yogurt with sprinkles) at night.

I want to thank everyone for all the advice on preventing bloat. Thank
doG, I have never had to deal with this, and doG willing never will. I
knew about the fast eating but didn't realize that walking before or
after a meal, water or ice would could cause it. Walking and eating
thing isn't much of an issue since most of their walks came after the
humans have dinner, and the boyz are feed shortly after I get home from
work, at least 1-2 hours before walks. But they always got ice after a
walk, or after "platypus" (lure chase game) Which I will now stop doing.
Thanks again to everyone who posted advice on the drool or e-mailed me
personally. I really do appreciate it.

Rescue nomination for Shelter Challenge.  I suggest one of the hard hit
rescues that might be struggling this year. Ones that come to mind that
I have read about on the Drool are Missouri (Do to Chris being out of
work), Ohio and Montana who were hit with lots of vet bills and need to
make it through the winter.  Let's make a quick decision and get on the
stick and vote, vote, vote.

Michele Momma to the Bas A** Basset Brothers