[Dailydrool] Another dog

Synthia and Hounds mtnbassets at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 27 12:44:38 PDT 2010

Just to add on the topic, you may think you're not going to get another, and of course you never "replace" a hound, but they sort of pop up and you know they are yours. Like Fred. I lost Bud the day after I arrived in Vegas and figured I'd stick with two, since things are so up in the air for me. But I heard about Fred, and hated the thought of a blind senior boarding in a kennel for the rest of his life, and I was going to be driving right by there in the moving truck...so he rode shotgun cross country. Most people say Bud sent him to me, but I think of Barney more when I look at him for some reason. I actually think my two old boys worked together to nudge me to take Fred, because he really is a mix of the best of both of them, plus some extra of his own.

So my 2 cents is don't force yourself, if you don't feel ready, but I bet the "right" hound will come to your attention sooner rather than later. And you'll be better off for it.

Synthia, Zuma, Kahuna, Fred, and Bud & Barney smiling from the Bridge.