[Dailydrool] Another dog

Kay, Nancy K *HS NKK3U at hscmail.mcc.virginia.edu
Mon Sep 27 16:37:34 PDT 2010

I agree with Synthia and the others who have all said you never replace a dear lost hound (Sarah), but new ones just sort of happen (Tina). After Sarah went to the bridge in November, we had not thought at all about getting another basset. Frank seemed perfectly happy being an "only", and it certainly was easier in many ways having just one dog. Then along came Tina who needed a good home, and we were a good home, and yadda, yadda, yadda, and of course we said okay. Well, six months later, Tina has blossomed from the timid kennel dog we took then, to the Pwincess she is now. She's the first up in the morning, can't wait for a New Day!! Yippee, everybody get up !! The only issue is that it all happens around 5:30-6:00 am, even on weekends. She's so happy and loving that we can't fault her for it, so one of us just gets up. She also is the first to speak up for her evening bully stick chew or morning walkies, with a low insistent woof that sounds so very masculine for her cute little female self. We can't believe she's only been here since February - she's a permanent part of our foundation already !

Nancy, Frank the Mediator, and Tina the Squid-Stealer