[Dailydrool] The Snoopy Diet

Dale Rutz dalerutz at sbcglobal.net
Sun Apr 3 14:46:52 PDT 2011

Hi all,

Well, I have been reading about various slaves and their diets and it occured to
me that both my husband and myself have lost around 8 lbs each since the middle
of January and I thought it would be nice to share our little secret.  His name
is ...... SNOOPY!!!!

Yes, that's right, if you want to drop a few unwanted pounds we suggest you head
straight down to your local dog pound and bring home a needy, food aggressive
basset!!  It worked wonders for us.  Every time someone got out a snack at our
house after we brought Snoopy home all H@%L would break loose.  SERIOUSLY.  He'd
SCREAM and then he's start lunging and growling and poor Cyrus took the brunt of
all this. It got to be such a production to deal with the dogs and prevent any
escalations that we limited food to meal times only, and even then only after
carefully planning.

I should mention that the Snoopy diet is only effective for a couple of months.
 The three month anniversarty of Snoopy's gotcha date is the 12th ... and just
last week I saw my daughter strolling through the house with a cookie with both
dogs trailing her ... one of the right side and one on the left.  Not much
excitement any more.  But .... you still can't let your guard completely down.
 Yesterday I was slicing some olive bread in the kitchen and Snoopy evidently
felt that Cyrus' nose got too close to the cutting board (long legger that he
is) and Snoopy let out an AHROOOOO that took me totally by surprise and nearly
took my thumb off (ok, exagerating but I did knick myself).

So, for those of you looking to shed a few lbs for summer I surely hope our
suggestion will help you on your way.

Best,
Dale

Snoopy (is it snack time yet?) http://www.dogster.com/dogs/1182550