[Dailydrool] Princess Pooh ATB 3/31/2011

Patricia Faibian faibian at clearwire.net
Sun Apr 3 20:20:23 PDT 2011

My Princess Pooh Bear began her journey to the rainbow bridge in the loving
arms of her family on Thursday March 31st 2011.  Poo as she was
affectionately referred to blew into my life in February of 2005.  She was
my venture into real bassitude.  Her sister my first basset was the
exception to the basset rules, she was well behaved, mild mannered, and
didn’t do much mischief.  Before Poo I read the drool and thought how crazy
some folks were with the issues they had, then came Poo along with a
education on bassitude.  She was originally named Princess and lord help me
that poor dog didn’t posses one single solitary princess quality, but she
did posses a ton of magical mischief.  She is my dog with the most nick
names because she had a beautiful personality with so many difference facets
to it.  She could be a real s*&t sometimes and others was a wonderful
snuggler so Princess Pooh Bear worked on many levels.   Poo gave us so many
gifts, not the least of them was about allergies, escapism, how to be the
bell hound and teach all others to sing along, and when to be the goof to
make any bad day better.    She never ever had a bad day, her motto was
simply “no bad days”.    One of my best memories was looking out the window
and seeing all 60 plus pounds of her STANDING on my glass patio table
happily enjoying the guacamole I carelessly left unattended.

When she first went down last fall we went to the vet with the worst fears
tucked inside all of us.  We got good and bad news that though we thought
she was 12 she was likely closer to 15 or maybe 16, and she had arthritis.  We
treated her with chiropractic treatments and therapy and she got better
until that awful bump on her shoulder appeared with our worst fears being
confirmed by our dear vet.  So we kept her comphy until then end when she
clearly knew she was done and had better places to be.  So after a wonderful
weekend of McDonalds Chesseburgers and major treaties Poo knew her time was
to be.  We called Little our vet to come to the house.  I thought Little was
there so I went outside and up in the sky was the most wonderful cloud
shaped just like my first basset hound Punkin running.  I like to think that
Punkin came to get her to make sure she got there and didn’t cause too
much trouble on the way up to the bridge.  She passed very peacefully and
her ashes will join the others on the special shelf.  Later Thursday I
realized it was Elder Clara’s gotcha day, well girlfriend you had the best
girl I can think of to celebrate and enjoy cheeseburgers with.  Fly free my
sweet biggie girl momma loves you.

Momma Laura, Daddy Ben, Aunt Pat