[Dailydrool] counter surfing

jacquelynn chazey aerogator27 at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 7 17:03:31 PDT 2011

Oh the Pierre dogs were and are famous for this.  Pierre Sr. once ate the birthday rotisserie chicken my sister brought home (her birthday), just the good parts, no bones, skin, etc, right off her plate that she was getting ready to eat because she turned her back for a nano second.  Then, once as she was preparing to leave for work, Pierre Sr. ate the roast beef slices she cut to make her lunch sandwich...  And now, just like his spiritual mentor, Pierre jr. has the same skills.  This morning I decided to make ham, eggs and cheese for me, sis and the hounds.  JP is a little under the weather (arthritis flair up) and he barked to demand I set up his pillow at the glass front door so he can nap in the warmth of sunshine.  As I ran to see to JP's demands, Pierre Jr. took the opportunity to steal the ham from the counter, and he was pretty hostile about releasing it.   I, luckily, had some steak cooked that was meant to be dog treats, but it is not easy doing "trade" with 8 hounds sniffing steaks.  The first attempt was scored by Miss Nikki, and then Pierre retreated from under the kitchen table to his lounger bed in the dining room.  JP scored the second steak trade piece, and finally, with the help of my sister, the third attempt worked, although, I did pick up the ham with a pair of long handled tongs, rather than have my fingers be first in line for attack.  All good in the end, and he didn't even have a chance to pierce the bag, just slobbered all over it, so anyone needing drool today, Pierre jr. provided plenty, for all in need.
Jackie and the herd