[Dailydrool] Winston at hit

Susan Hurt toodlessm at aol.com
Sat Apr 9 11:19:57 PDT 2011

Well, Winston my 11 month old tri was once again successful.

There I was in the basement, almost completely nude ( a shocking sight) on my elliptical, trying to work off some fat before the GABR Ball (in case I wear something revealing) while watching The Real Housewives, when I realized I had left the door to upstairs open.  I did a hound count: 1, 2, 3...where was Winston?  I ran up the stairs (another shocking sight) and found Winston in my living room.  He was peacefully perched on a beautiful silk pillow from Neiman Marcus with several others scattered around him and one - of course - was already well shredded with its feathers scattered all around.  Most surrounded Winston and a few were still in his mouth.

OK, now that is #6 out of #11 decorative couch pillows that Winston has destroyed.  If you don't know already, silk tears very, very easily when canine teeth are applied and basset hounds find goose down quite tasty.

Winston was properly reprimanded, however.  After a wail of "Oh no!" I watched Winston munch happily for a while (really he was in Heaven) and then gave him a lot of really big hugs and kisses and told him not to be so naughty.  Then I gave him a treat to lure him into another room.  That ought to learn him, right?

Susan