[Dailydrool] Alpha Dogs

Chris Bly jbly1 at kc.rr.com
Sat Apr 9 15:23:55 PDT 2011

I enjoyed reading Bevs description of her crew and their behaviors. It is a
great demonstration of how well she knows her dogs and how they act. It
shows how much she loves her dogs paying attention to the details and
workings of their body language to know how to avert problems. I love that
so many Droolers are so interested, observant and descriptive of their
hounds we all have some very fortunate dogs in our care.
I have had 36 dogs under my roof all at one time and all bassets and most of
the time they all got along. I think males get along better than females for
some reason they seem to know their place in the ranks. I always had one
Alpha male like she has Mr. Cooper and he kept everyone in line they all
stepped gently near him. He was so kind and gentle he never snapped or bit
anyone but he had his bluff in on them all. I guess because he was a big
basset boy and he was here first so they all one by one as they came told
each other hey don't mess with Freckles he is the leader.
Freckles died last fall and I sure miss him but one of my girls is in charge
now, all of my males are wooses.