[Dailydrool] still chiming in about dog doors

Nancy Cohen Cohen.nancy at verizon.net
Sat Apr 9 20:08:02 PDT 2011

we have one that marty installed in the kitchen wall......it is near the
table, and under a window (garden type) where our parrot is.......she is
busy all day with the dog door activity, and yes there is a slap/slap
sound of the plastic......at night we have a motion sensor light that
goes on too.....the dog door opens into a 10' x 18' chain link fenced
dog yard with a swing gate that is always locked.  the yard itself is
enclosed by a 6' stockade fence per regulations in the community where i
live......the only time the door is bothersome is in the winter when the
wind is blowing west to east and the door blows open.......ours has a
lexan panel that slides and locks for security when we need
it..........nancy, hershey and einstein and our new foster jasper who
learned with one out and then in how to manage the door.....they love
going out to lay in the sun after this bad nj winter