[Dailydrool] aggressive dogs

Beverly Szaton bgszap2 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 10 13:36:01 PDT 2011

1. "red zone aggressive dogs" DO NOT EVER BELONG IN A DOG PARK. What the
hell were these people thinking? Didn't the trainer tell them this is NEVER
for sure, that you NEVER trust an aggressive dog, not ever ever ever even
when he is 85 and in a wheelchair.
I have friends with truly aggressive dogs-- dogs like this one who attack
for no apparent reason. All of them are dogs who were themselves attacked as
youngsters, or who were raised to be aggressive. ("I wanna Meen dawg!") The
basic is: the dog himself is fearful and decided long ago that offense was
the best defense. The dog version of Shoot First and Ask Later. I hope they
were thrown out of the park for good. He will attack another dog sooner or
later.

The thing that makes a "Red Zone" dog is that they do not need a reason, so
quit bothering to look for one, you probably will never figure it out. If
they were predictable (in any thing other than their unreasoning aggression)
they wouldn't be red zone dogs.

I personally do not believe these dogs are ever reliable or ever
"rehabilitated". I do not believe they belong at dog parks or off leash
ever. I do not believe that an owner ever takes his or her eyes off the dog,
not for one second. I do not, personally, believe they are trustworthy dogs
ever again. This may sound extremely harsh but the people I know with
genuinely aggressive dogs would agree.

Annoyed MomPerson with Nigel, Llewis, Conley and Cooper who do not go to dog
parks for exactly this reason. I don't trust them with other dogs, and I
don't trust other dogs with them. Sad, but true.