[Dailydrool] Rehabilitated and Cesar

melissa fenchel mibassetrescue at att.net
Mon Apr 11 16:59:00 PDT 2011

I don't like the Cesar bashing going on here. I have personally attended two
of his seminars. I can tell you from meeting him and speaking to him that
what he has that we don't have is Charisma! He also has a VERY calm and yes,
assertive energy. I felt it first hand when I asked a question and he
demonstrated (as if I were the dog) his finger snap, point and Tssshhh
directed at me. I instantly sat down in my chair and shut up!! LOL. I could
FEEL that energy. I KNOW first hand what the dogs feel when he shares his
energy with them, I felt it big time! The audience loved it and I felt about
2 inches tall  :O)  I have used his methods on my own dogs as well as some
rescues with issues. It truly is as simple as dogs having Exercise, rules,
boundaries and limitations. He DOES place his rehabilitated dogs in forever
homes all the time! And guess what? They do just fine without him. So much
of what he teaches is common sense. There are a lot of people out there who
do not posses this. They get the wrong dog for the wrong reasons and then
they fail to provide what the dog really, really needs...exercise,
discipline and affection...in that order. Don't blame the dog, blame the
owner....while there are some dogs who have inherited aggression from their
parents, most of the time it is the mistakes the owner has made that has
caused inappropriate behavior in their dogs. Spaying and especially
neutering at an early age can also prevent aggressive behavior. I've seen
proof of that over and over again.

Melissa

Michigan Basset Rescue
100% Recycled Bassets