[Dailydrool] It's all in a name

Dale Rutz dalerutz at sbcglobal.net
Wed Apr 13 16:12:58 PDT 2011

Hi all, it's Snoopy,

I really like my name.  Snoopy.  Definately a dog name.  And me, I'm definately
a dog.  I like smells, the more disgusting to humans, the better.  I need to
know everything.  Snoopy, that's me.  Cyrus, well, he likes his name too but
it's not really a dog name, it's a Kings name that my brother shares.  Which
leads to my story ....

My grandma has a dog named Jason.  The other day she picked up the phone and the
person on the other end asked to speak to Jason.  Seriously.  Grandma asked if
it is a joke.  The caller said no, they really need to speak to Jason.  Grandma
said "Jason is a dog."  The caller said they weren't interested in Grandma's
opinion as to Jason's character, they just wanted to talk to him.  Grandma was a
bit flustered at that so she tried again .... "Jason can't talk ... he's a
dog."  The caller thought Grandma was rude and started to insist .... finally,
Grandma asked "are you calling 444-7777?"  Nope, wrong number.  The caller
wanted a human Jason and Grandma only has a canine one.

So much confusion and stress.  It would never have happened if Grandma had named
her dog Snoopy.

More later from Snoopy