[Dailydrool] A HUGE thank you to all droolers

Sandra Probola sprobola at andrew.cmu.edu
Tue Apr 19 07:57:28 PDT 2011

I posted that I was having a hard time with a 4 year  old basset I rescued
who was dirty and scared when I got her last Friday.  First of all, I don't
think I even mentioned her name - it is Kipper.

Thank you SO MUCH to all of you that e-mailed me with your suggestions and
good wishes.  I was amazed at the response I got.  It means so much to me.
To all of you that contacted me, I promise I will try to answer all of you.
As far as an update - last night Kipper was willing to eat a few treats and
then I tried a homemade meatball (part of our dinner last night) and she
would not even wait for me to sit the dish down - she dove in!  She also
moved around the kitchen/dining area investigating - not for long - but
nevertheless - she moved around.  She has no aggression issues - she is the
sweetest thing ever.  If we do sit with her and try to stroke her and talk
to her - she gives us lots of slobbery kisses.  I took her out on her leash
several times last night and she did go to the bathroom for me.  She has not
made one single potty mistake in the house.  I will give her as much time as
she needs to adjust and realize we are her forever home (more like a palace
compared to what she had), but I do believe she will - it will just take
time.  I will keep the Daily Drool updated and will send pictures of her and
my 4 month old basset puppy as soon as I can.  Thank you again and God bless
all of you and your houndies!

Sandy