[Dailydrool] bonnets and bunnies??

Dale Rutz dalerutz at sbcglobal.net
Wed Apr 20 10:14:26 PDT 2011

Hi all,

First off thanks for all the tips for Snoopy's tummy ... I have heard he is not
the only California basset laying on his back soaking up the sun and it seems
that greasy bellies from sunscreen is the way to go.

Next ... I live here in Campbell and GGBR (Golden Gate Basset Rescue) is
marching in the Easter parade on Saturday.  We're members (they tell me they had
an eye on my Snoopy in the county pound before we sprung him) and so we're
thinking of going, it sounds like a hoot.

Now, Snoopy has been out in public about a million times in the last 3 months,
we take him down to Willow Glen and walk around with him while our daughter
paints ceramics in a studio there and we take him to pet shops and the dog park
and walk him every day and my husband takes him to the club (where he has made
best friends with a Pit Bull who also frequents the place).  However, he can be
a bit unpredictable.  Snoopy does NOT bite.  He can be aprehensive about strange
dogs though and he bays with rare enthusiasm (somtimes lunging too) if he is
nervous.

What do people think about marching in the parade with the other bassets on
Saturday?  Am I crazy?  Any crazier than taking a 5 year old dog out of the
pound (3 months ago) and trusting him and giving him run of my house and letting
him sleep with my little girl?

Please let me know what you think (or if you are going!!)

--Dale

with Snoopy (do I HAVE to wear a bonnet?) and Cyrus (count me out)