[Dailydrool] That Pierre jr.

jacquelynn chazey aerogator27 at hotmail.com
Sat Apr 23 17:56:43 PDT 2011

Today the weather was horrific with tremendous rain and deep mud in the backyard.  Hounds were very bored, and I was required to do more outs and ins than usual, and they and I were soaked through and through.  We do have a room designated as the indoor dog bathroom, heavily papered, but still, they had to go out.  Also, laundry day for me, not so sure it was wise to do bedding on muddy paws day, but I did it.  Every time, I go to the basement, Jr. has to follow me.  He got interested in something in a corner, and he would not come when I called him, even when I called "cookie" to which he has rapid response.  Today, my back hurt, my knees hurt, and it was a long day of up and down the stairs and what not, so I was less than pleased that Jr. was not coming.  Rather than another flight down to the basement (only 5 steps, but when your knees hurt and you have been doing it ALL DAY, it adds up), I turned off the basement light and closed the door.  It usually gets Pierre to come running, and when it did not, I, slightly annoyed, (really hard to be annoyed at Jr. EVER) went down with the cookie lure to bring him up.  Well low and behold, he got under a shelf, and he was exploring a box of plastic things and tipped the box over completely blocking his exit.  When I dug him out he was all too happy to have his cookie and leave the dungeon.  It was less than 5 minutes of being trapped, and I know he will be back there again, but it is all safe stuff, nothing that can harm him.  He is so curious, and he is over 2 yrs. old, but you would think he were 6 months old.  And here I thought his brains had arrived.  Maybe it was box one of two.  I also got my Easter lasagna cooked today, so tomorrow should be an easy day of delivering lasagna to a friend and to Mom and spending time with Mom and Sister.  We are a family of three, so no big celebrations, but I hope that those who have big family gatherings rejoice.
BTW, Maggie, my Jean Paul insists on a kiss fest every morning after first outs.  He obsesses with licking my face, and every once and a while, he gets his tongue in my mouth, and that is my limit.  JP is very persistent.  I usually make him stop after a couple hundred shlicks, and one day, I wanted to see how much he had in him, and when it got to be 1000, I told him he won, enough.  I almost always have chapped lips because of this, but he is going to be 10 soon, and he has been doing this since he was 10 wks old (never a poop eater).  I relish every single one of those kisses and welcome him to my bed.  He is alpha scary dog, and nothing or no one is coming into this house when he is here.  He makes me feel very safe.

Healing drool to all in need and best Holiday wishes to all.
Jackie and the herd